Lately I feel like overnight my boys are changing. It's exciting to see them maturing and their personalities shine, but also sad to see them growing up so fast. Everyone always tell you that, but I am starting to see what they mean. Landon will be four in a week and Brody just turned 15 months.
Brody is now a walker and recently a talker. He will moo and quack when you ask him what a cow and duck says, he says please, mommy, daddy, tractor, car, go, yes, book, uh-oh, doggy, hi, bye-bye, papa, and lots of jibber-jabber that I can't make out. He points to his head, mouth, and belly. He is also becoming very adapt at expressing his needs...like his father he wants what he wants when he wants it :) His latest somewhat endearing/annoying sign is he vigilantly shakes his head no at any food he thinks he dislikes. His head is shaking a lot these days as he is becoming extremely picky, but he still wants to eat a LOT so it is challenging to find enough food that he will eat. He has also begun screaming quite loudly about EVERYthing - I am trying to be consistent and work with him on using his words, but I am praying this a short phase, cause man I hate that screaming!! Good thing he has the sweetest, best smile!
Landon has been such a joy these days. He is so animated and full of jokes and laughter. He is always making up words, songs, prayers, and anything he thinks is funny. Man does this kid love to be laughed at! He has also been a momma's boy lately wanting to be by my side all the time. He even lets me cuddle with him now - which I love!! We always have a special time each night when I sing to him and he asks me what's on the schedule for the next day. He likes to help me plan activities for my preschool class. He has also been a great big brother and even makes Brody say please before he will share a toy or food with him. If Brody falls he will run over and give him a hug and kiss and tell him he's okay. He really is the perfect big brother except for grabbing stuff out of Brody's hands. Although, Brods is so strong and has recently been winning at tug and war. We have always warned Landon to be nice to him, because one day Brody might be bigger and stronger!
On a side note - I did get to sleep in until after 8 today, so maybe this getting out of baby stage won't be so bad after all! I love my boys and feel so blessed God gave them to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment