There are many products on the market that promise to make a busy mom's life easier, but this week I discovered two that I would NOT recommend!!
1) Permanent markersUnless you would like a classy new address number on the side of your house....Landon's masterpiece
Or maybe your couch needs an update....Brody's latest masterpiece

After some artwork maybe you would enjoy some quality time with your kids...then may I suggest buying doors with locks on the outside of the room?
Yes Landon locked the door on the outside and pulled it shut. Luckily (I guess) Landon, Brody, and myself were then locked in Landon's room - with no key, no phone, and no daddy to rescue us. A beautiful afternoon and we spent over 2 hours locked in his bedroom. Why did I not climb out the window you ask? Well, we would have still been locked outside with no shoes and then my ever curious and crazy boys would know how to escape their rooms....hmm - pretty sure that would lead to another post. So we enjoyed some quality play time and organized some toys while I smelled a poopy diaper, heard I'm thirsty 162 times, and mom I really need to go #2. Sorry should have though of that before you locked the door - I'm not wasting a bin. ;) Oh good times!!
When Josh was pulling in the driveway I was waving my arms like a mad women pleading for a rescue. He just smiled and waved like I should always be this passionate about his homecomings! Yes honey I am always happy to see you, but not so much as today!! It all ended well - Landon dropped the kids at the pool, Brody got a drink, and my sanity returned! Gotta love being a mom :)

oh my goodness! This made me laugh so hard! I can only imagine being locked in a room with my two kids. you seriously need to write a book! I would buy it :)
ReplyDelete