Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lucky lady

Josh recently had his 33rd birthday and my parents gave us a little getaway at Harrah's as his gift - no we're not normally gamblers, but there was a great deal for a one night stay in the hotel, $50 dinner voucher, and breakfast buffet all for only $99.  A great deal and we had an amazing time!  It is much too rare that we have a kid-free night and it was so great to be alone and in a different environment.  Thanks mom and dad!!!!
    We checked in and started out the night at the steakhouse restaurant.  It started off a little slow - with a bread basket with some kind of cheesy/pimento spread (weird) and an average salad, but by the time the main course came - WOW!  One of the best meals I've ever had.  I ordered the parmesian-encrusted sea bass with a creole mustard sauce and side of cornbread stuffing.  It was one of those "fancy-smancy" meals that often are overpriced and underseasoned, but this was amazing! The fish practically melted in your mouth.  It was so mild and absolutely delicious.  Josh ordered a steak and said my fish was even better - saying something from a man that loves a good steak - and he said his steak was really good.
            After dinner we headed toward the casino and I found a quarter on the ground.  Oh yeah!  My luck was starting already.  We got to the door and they asked me for my id.  Oops - been so long since I have been out forgot all about having it with me.  So we headed back to the car to get it and set out again.  We got back to the bouncer and Josh handed him his id and the guy just kind of shook his head - I only need to see hers.  Guess I was looking young that night because he looked back and forth about three times before he okayed my entrance.  Oh well - ego booster for this recently turned 30 year old!
           We headed in and just walked around.  I really don't know too much about gambling and was just taking it all in.  The tables always intrigue me and people were just throwing down 100s at a time.  Too rich for my blood, so Josh and I each put in $10 in the quarter slots.  On Josh's 4th try he hit some matches and had $23 - a $13 payout.  So he cashed out and waited for me.  On about my tenth try I profited around $17 so I stopped playing as well.  We were going to leave and celebrate winning $30, but decided to try our luck some more.
            I tried some dollar slots next and quickly lost about $15.  Bummer - not as fun as winning!  Decided to try one more machine - some old school cowboy penny game and ended up with another $10.  Awesome!  We cashed out our $40 and headed back to our room for a real jackpot ;)  Kidding - dessert people!!  We were going to get dessert.
            We decided we were too full and Josh wanted me to go back to the casino - apparently I'm entertaining to watch win.  Well he was about to see some real excitement.  I went back to my same penny machine and ended up with this screen............
    
I hit a little mini jackpot!  I got 3 jokers and earned 10 free spins, and ended up with our total profit being $75.  Oh my gosh - I was so freaking excited!!  I am easily pumped about free things/winning $ so when the music started playing and the coins falling on the screen I had a huge permagrin and was just clapping along to the music.  A few people may have been staring, but who cares - I just made $75 by pushing some buttons.  Woot woot!  Great night!
Until the next morning when Josh told me to go back again - don't worry I'm not an addict - and I refused.  He kept bugging me and I said fine it's your birthday, but I didn't have a good feeling.  Yep - threw away $35 in less than 5 minutes - UGH!!  I walked away with our remaining $40 and didn't say I told you so too many times.  :)  Got to know when to stop!  Oh well - we had a great time and still went home $40 richer!!
Enjoying our night!

We finished out Friday with a live taping of America's Got Talent at the Fox Theatre.  Such a great time - and saw an amazing 12 year old boy singer/guitar player that sang house of the rising sun.  Incredible - all the judges and audience were on their feet.  Won't be surprised if he's a big contender on the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment