The cut was too large to put on glue or strips so we had to do the traditional stitches. They didn't want to put him under, so they strapped him down in an indian like papoose to attempt to immobilize him. Ha! Brody is a fighter. Still took 5 people to hold him down/still and oh my was he screaming. So upset and mad and so hard for me. Kept looking at me with big sad blue eyes screaming mommy, mommy! He cried the whole time and I was good and only cried 75 percent of the time :). They asked me if I wanted to leave but wanted to be with him. At least Josh got there right after they strapped him down and I called a mere 16 times. Apparently lawnmowers are loud and hard to hear a phone ring ;) Thankfully Josh didn't cry. 5 stitches or so later, not sure couldn't bear to watch anymore, and he was done. Then Brods downed a smoothie from full to empty in 5.2 seconds and the world was good again. Now praying for a quick recovery, no scars, and no stitch pulling curiosity.
All patched up with the numbing medicine
Glad it's over!!



oh my!! Poor little guy. Hope he's better soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Erin! That sounds awful, I got tears in my eyes just reading/thinking about how you must've felt. Poor baby and poor mommy and daddy! Glad that part is over and I hope he heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I thought he was Landon in the first picture! They are looking more and more alike. :)
Me and Brods can have matching eyebrow scars!!! Poor boy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping you have better luck with the scar than Brady does with his. He had stitches in that exact spot three years ago and it gets worse every year instead of better (like they said it would). If you hear of any suggestions on how to lessen the scarring, please pass them along :) Glad Brody's feeling better...and you too!
ReplyDelete