We decided to postpone Landon's 4th birthday party a few weeks in order to have a pool party at Mema's house. I thought if I planned it for late June it would be nice and hot and rain-free, and as irony would have it it was in the 90s and super hot in May and the forecast called for rain and temps in the low 80s. But thank God the weather held out! No rain - woohoo! My streak of rainy big events is broken!!
| The Birthday Boy |
Treasure cupcakes...there were reese's peanut cups hidden inside chocolate fudge cupcakes with a whipped peanut butter icing. Not too shabby, even though I am not really a fan of chocolate cake.
Landon was armed and dangerous!
Landon has always "treasured" fruit
Love this picture of Koen....so silly :)
What's a pool party without a pool? Thanks Mema Busch for hosting!
Gearing up for the treasure hunt
Clues led us to a treasure box pinata and after the kids all took a whack we let the adults relieve some stress. Apparently Mema Maggos had some built up tension because she really whacked it!
Can't believe my little pirate is 4!
What great friends Landon has! Love that they have all grown up together :)
Ummmm....Delaney Cochran HAND CHECK!!
Shark rides were popular!
Papa Maggos is such a big kid! Getting ready to throw the beach ball at the birthday boy!
Koen must walk the plank since he is the first kiddo to leave ;)
Noodle sword fight with Mema Busch
Girls relaxing in the hot tub
This picture cracks me up! Allan sporting the 7 up with a hot tub full of youngsters. Little creepy if I didn't know him, but super sweet and funny since I do!
Whoa...check out those Double B..beach balls!!
Arggh...my Eyes! My eyes!
Landon had such a fun day. I had set up the back yard with all the decorations and was putting some things away in the garage when he came out and saw it. I heard him saying, "Wow! This is awesome! So cool! I just can't believe it!" When I came out and he saw me he came over and gave me a big hug. Mom, I really like what you did! Thanks so much! That made all the effort worth it! I try hard not to spoil my boys, but really want them to feel special on their birthdays, so it was so neat to see that Landon was so excited and thankful! My boy is growing up! (Sniff)
Erin, you always do such a spectacular job with parties! Looks like it was a blast and I'm sorry we missed it. Landon is such a lucky (and adorable) little guy!
ReplyDeleteBTW--I nearly spit my coffee out when I saw the picture of Delaney and your caption. Hilarious! :)
Awesome Birthday party!! Very cute! I to loved the Hand Check comment :) That little girl will appricate that when shes older :)
ReplyDelete