One of the biggest lessons I have learned so far as a parent is that kids have a mind of their own. Josh and I (from what we've been told) were great kids, rarely got into trouble, etc. I just assumed Landon and Brody would turn out the same way. Well, so far Landon is an amazing kid with so much love and personality, but I often find myself asking questions like where does he learn this stuff? Is this normal? Will I ever be able to let him play unsupervised for longer than 10 min?!? Here are some examples of what I mean - mind you these all happened in the last week:
- Flinging yogurt with a spoon at a little girl in his class (one whom he often speaks fondly of)....I'd like to hope he was offering a free facial?
- Eating a handful ants he found on the ground
- Mood swings! As I walk in his room and tell him good morning, he throws a shoe across the room and yells, NO! It's not a good morning! After my good morning time-out to him, I get a big hug and he tells me it's a great morning!
- Taking a truck through his peanut butter and jelly and smearing pb all over the table, "Hey mom, my truck got stuck in the mud!"
- Attempting to give his monkey a swirlie
- I hear him sarcastically saying, "Mom, come here and see this fabulous mess!" He has dumped several cupfuls of water out of the tub in the time it takes me to grab his towel.
- Pretending a pvc pipe is a fire hose and sticking it in an exhaust pipe on Josh's truck
Well, I'm sure there are more, but I too tired from diffusing these antics to remember. He wears me OUT, but at least he keeps life interesting :) I still think he must take after his father....
Oh, that is too funny! Glad you have this in writing to look back at.
ReplyDelete