Josh and I have started a week long cleanse diet that I found on pinterest. Probably the strangest instructions ever for a diet, but we are 2 days in and so far so good. Here's the crazy instructions...
Day 1 - Eat only fruit, except bananas
Day 2 - Eat a baked potato for breakfast, and then only veggies the rest of the day, but no more potatoes
Day 3 - Eat only fruits and veggies, but no bananas or potatoes
Day 4 - Eat up to 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk
Day 5 - Eat 20 oz. of lean red meat (ground beef is okay) and 6 whole tomatoes
Day 6 - Eat only lean red meat and veggies, no limit
Day 7 - Eat only brown rice, fruit juice, and veggies
After 7 days, diet says you will be 10-17 lbs lighter. Well, this part sounded good and I have lost about 8 pounds since the new year, but needed a jump start to keep losing weight, so here it goes. We decided to be guinea pigs and try it.
Day one was a success - I LOVE fruit, so not so hard. And score - 2 lbs lost.
Day two - a little more difficult as I do not love veggies, but really not so bad. I will weigh myself in the morning to see how the results are going.
Oh and you also get to eat this cabbage soup stuff - that really is WAY better than I thought. So the cleanse (makes me want to say it like....the claw) really isn't so bad. I like that it changes each day and keeps you on your toes. Not a fan of monotony! And extra bonus - I have felt awesome!! Tons of energy, no bloating, just an occasional hunger pang. So bring on day 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment