Friday, April 15, 2011

Nicknames

Not really sure why, but I always wanted a nickname growing up.  It seemed that all my friends had cool ones, but I was always just Erin.  I mean how do you shorten that?  Air?  In?  Air?  In?  Sounds more like a relaxation technique, but finally in college my dream came true when one of Josh's friends, after a few too many beers, yelled "Errrrrnn! (that's earn with a strong accent on the R)  What's up?"  and there it was...my first nickname.  Hadn't heard it in years, but it must be a college thing, because last week at Crave, a guy said Hey Errrrn!  Aww, the memories!  My nickname was back.  Well, I doubt it's going to catch on and I'll just learn to live without a nickname, but it got me thinking about all the nicknames we have given our boys.

Landon is taking after me in his lack of nicknames....his short list includes the Landman, Landy (his self-given nickname, not really a fan) and that's about it besides the occasional Bubba

Brody is another story....think he earns about one a week including:  the Brodman, the Brodster, Brody baby, Brody boy, Baby soda, Bro, Brody Mac, B-boy, Brodinator, Da Brods, Bromeister, BB, Bro brother, Double B (for his initials, not chest size) and the latest addition I gave this week....watch out for the Brodeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment